About the blog
So Much Life is an Austin food and lifestyle blog devoted to helping Austin locals and visitors find the best food and drinks and fun things to do in Austin! So Much Life has been featured in Austin Woman Magazine, Austin Monthly, KXAN, Eater.com, and The Positive Influence podcast.
This blog is for people who love trying to find the very best food and drinks and want to try something new every day. I love sharing ideas for locals and visitors, like the 20 most Instagrammable spots in Austin, or the 55 best lunch options in every category.
I’m Kelsey, the creator SoMuchLife.com. I started this blog in 2016 and it quickly became the go-to resource for Austin locals and visitors who want to discover the hottest restaurants and best things to do in Austin. In 2019 I published my first book, Austin Food Crawls, a neighborhood food guide to Austin to help hungry foodies discover the best restaurants in the city.
I’m a Longhorn (hook ’em!), a professional violinist and teacher, and a food lover! You can read a day in the life post about me right here or here. Here are a few random tidbits to help you know me better:
- I was a college swimmer, but now I focus more on yoga, running, and barre.
- Reading is my favorite hobby, because #learningiscool. Every month I do a book review of what I’ve read, and you can check those out here. My kindle is my most used device.
- Coffee dates are my fave. Here are 24 coffee shops in Austin you should try.
- I ADORE Austin! (Did I already mention that?….)
- I met my husband on okCupid. Read all about that crazy adventure right here!
- I’m an Enneagram type 3, through and through.
Every-other Monday I share a post in my “Monday Chat” series, which is a more personal, vulnerable blog post series where I talk about stuff like weight gain + food blogging, the truth behind free restaurant meals for food bloggers, and answers to FAQs.
Here are a few of my most popular posts to get you started: